Martin OM-28 Authentic 1931 VTS
(0729789484770 / 10OM28AUTHENTIC1931VTS / 1963782 / Free European Express Shipping / Limited Lifetime)
Some Manufacturers offer a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY on new guitars that only applies to the original registred owner.
Martin OM-28 Authentic 1931 VTS
Based on the rare 1931 OM-28 owned by folk legend Mike Seeger. Features include Madagascar rosewood replaces the rarer Brazilian rosewood, vintage gloss finish and torrefied Adirondack spruce top and braces - Martin's Vintage Tone System (VTS) - used to replicate the aged appearance and tonality of the 1931 original. Martin has released many nice OM models over the years, but this guitar is the closest to the original up to day, (except for the Madagascar rosewood replacing the Brazilian) Earlier this year, Martin raised the bar by introducing the OM-28 Authentic 1931. And you can see it's different on first glance! It's cosmetically the closest ever to a 1931 guitar but more important - the Adirondack spruce top is torrified or as we call it 'baked' to reproduce the vintage matured tone that was missing in guitars up to date. The torrefaction process, (VTS) uses a special heat treatment to accelerate aging properties in the wood, resulting in tone that is broken in from the start. Other features include full hide glue construction, T-Bar construction, a genuine mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard and bridge. And although the guitars with VTS treatmens look different, all the woods on the guitars are of the highest quality. The guitar also features Martin’s new Vintage Gloss finish, which is thinner and slightly less shiny than the company’s standard finish. Other features include herringbone purfling, short-pattern diamond-and-squares fingerboard inlay, small teardrop pickguard, slightly V-shaped neck, 44.8mm nut-width (1¾") 645mm (25.4") scale and 58mm (2⁵/₁₆") string spacing at the saddle.
Anyone who is on the lookout for a top-notch Orchestra Model should most certainly consider the OM-1931 Authentic, because when strumming it for the first time it is immediately apparent that this is very special and indeed reminding of vintage originals with a complex, integer, warm and impressive dynamic character, A most intreguing versatile guitar.
Specificaties - Features - Spezifikationen
- Construction: Solid Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Rosette: Style 28 (Authentic 1921/31)
- Top Bracing Pattern: OM-28 Authentic 1931
- Top Braces: VTS Adirondack Spruce 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars Circa 1931
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28 Zig-Zag (Authentic)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid (Narrow 1931 Shape)
- Endpiece Inlay: Madagascar Rosewood with Maple Fiber
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Fine Herringbone
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Madagascar Rosewood with Maple Fiber
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1931 Barrel and Heel
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/1931 Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- # of Frets Clear: 14
- # of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12TH Fret: 2-1/4"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamond & Squares - Short Pattern Golden Era
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back and Sides: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly with Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Long Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel with Butterbean Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge and End Pins: Bone Colored Poly with Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 533V Harptone